Oct 29, 2009

Letter to Editor from Previous board member

As a member of the previous Board, I would like to respond to the letter sent out by the new Board.

Of the 8 items that are on the agenda, the Board I was on addressed all but 1, the community directory. I would hope the new Board would review the work we did and use that work as a basis for their future work. We had done the following:
  • Gone out for competitive bids on the landscaping contract, reviewed the AIM contract, and renegotiated the Security contract;
  • Received the draft audit of the Association’s finances (would not be a final audit until approved by the Board)
  • Set the annual meeting date for February;
  • Reviewed the accounts receivable at every meeting;
  • Accepted a recommendation from the Rules Committee on common area usage policy;
  • Discussed with St. Marys the status of the bonds; and
  • Started the POA web site.
I certainly wish the new Board the best and know what hard work it will be, but I also want you to know that the Board I was on worked hard for the community.
Sam Lindsey